Love these Nathan Gelgud illustrations!
- Reblogged from aaknopf
Love these Nathan Gelgud illustrations!
What movie posters would look like if they used the same titles as the books they were based on.
April in Paris
8 books that have a certain je ne sais quoi…
“A walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of life.” -Thomas Jefferson
Follow @Suvudu on Twitter and use #ExPatsSweeps to be entered to win one of 5 signed copies of “Ex-Patriots” by Peter Clines. Giveaway runs from 4/23/13 through 4/30/13. Must be 18 years old and a resident of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico) in order to be eligible.
HOW TO ENTER:
Limited to one tweet per person per offer date. We will randomly draw the winner from all people who have followed @Suvudu and submitted a retweet with the #ExPatsSweeps hashtag throughout the duration of the contest, which runs from 1/3/13 through 1/11/13. Suvudu will request winners to respond via a direct message with their mailing address by 1/15/13. Offer is only open to U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico), age 18 years or older, who have a valid Twitter account and are following @Suvudu. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. In the case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Suvudu is not responsible for lost/late/misdirected entries or computer malfunctions. Entries that contain errors, are incomplete, corrupted or illegible will not be accepted. Suvudu reserves the right to disqualify entries from anyone tampering with the Twitter entry process. Suvudu assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to Twitter. Suvudu is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected tweets; computer malfunctions, including but not limited to any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission or communications line failure; or theft, destruction or unauthorized access to entrant’s Twitter account. Tweets that contain errors, are incomplete, corrupted or illegible will not be accepted. Suvudu reserves the right to disqualify entries from anyone tampering with the Twitter entry process.
This sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico) over the age of 18 at time of entry. All federal, state, and local regulations apply. User must be following @Suvudu on Twitter in order to be eligible. Void where prohibited. Employees of Random House, Inc., its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, and agencies, and their immediate family members and persons living in their household are not eligible to enter this sweepstakes.
Winner will be randomly selected from the group of eligible entrants received by each day’s entry deadline. Sponsor will notify winner by sending a tweet. Winner will be required to send a direct message to @Suvudu with their mailing address.
Five (5) winners will each receive one (1) signed copy of Ex-Patriots by Peter Clines.
By participating in this sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by these official rules. Suvudu is not responsible for injury or damage to any computer, other equipment, or person relating to or resulting from participation in the sweepstakes, or participating in the Twitter network. Entrants release Suvudu, its agencies, and assigns from any liability, damage and/or loss resulting from participating in this sweepstakes and/or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Suvudu to publish, post online, or otherwise refer to the name of the winner in any and all forms and media throughout the world, and for any and all publicity or promotional purposes, without obligation or compensation, except where prohibited by law.
Suvudu, Inc., c/o Random House, 1745 Broadway, New York, NY 10019.
In Not Taco Bell Material — out in paperback today — Adam Carolla reveals all the stories behind how he came to be the angry middle-aged man he is today.
Happy Birthday, Maya Angelou, born 4 April 1928
12 Remarkable Maya Angelou Quotes
- The honorary duty of a human being is to love.
- I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.
- Talent is like electricity. We don’t understand electricity. We use it. You can plug into it and light up a lamp, keep a heart pump going, light a cathedral, or you can electrocute a person with it.
- When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.
- There’s a world of difference between truth and facts. Facts can obscure truth.
- My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors.
- Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
- Life loves the liver of it.
- The idea is to write it so that people hear it and it slides through the brain and goes straight to the heart.
- When you learn, teach, when you get, give.
- Some critics will write ‘Maya Angelou is a natural writer’ - which is right after being a natural heart surgeon.
Who would win in a fight? J. R. R. Tolkien’s Gandalf or William Goldman’s Inigo Montoya? Find out how the fight would go and cast your vote here.