SHAKE is out this week, and the fine folks at the Mason Shaker have given us the go-ahead to share a lovely summer cocktail recipe with you all - read, drink, and be merry!
The FRENCHIE: A good muddle and a quick shake infuse French Rosé with the essential flavors of summer in this Francophile’s version of a sangria.
The Particulars: (Makes two drinks)
- 10 shots of French Rosé wine
- 2 shots of Cointreau
- 1 cube cane sugar
- 6 fresh raspberries (plus 4 for garnish)
- 6 fresh blueberries (plus 4 for garnish)
- 4 fresh strawberries (plus 2 for garnish)
- Add the cane sugar cube, raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries to the shaker.
- Muddle the ingredients in the bottom of the shaker until thoroughly crushed and the sugar has mostly dissolved.
- Add the Rosé, Cointreau, and ice to above the level of the liquid and shake briefly for 3 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into tumblers (not tumblrs!) containing large cubes of ice and garnish with remaining berries.
- Source: masonshaker.com