HAPPY ADA LOVELACE DAY!
Tomorrow (10/14/14) is Ada Lovelace Day, and who doesn’t want to celebrate the world’s first computer programmer?
We at Pantheon are hard at work on our next graphic novel, which just happens to be all about the lovely Lovelace, and we can’t wait to share!
If you love Ada as much as we do, here is your chance to win an Ada Lovelace key chain! Question:
With whom did Ada Lovelace collaborate when writing her computer code? (The panel above is your hint.)
If you know, reblog this post with your answer, and you can win! Contest closes 10/15/14.
Ada! Ada! Ada!
- Reblogged from pantheonbooks
We are giving away an AMAZING creativity kit filled with journals, tote bags, a coffee mug, and books that will help harness your creativity!
Kit includes, but not limited to:
1. WRECK THIS JOURNAL by Keri Smith
2. THE ARTIST’S WAY by Julia Cameron
3. ME, YOU, US by Lisa Currie
4. White Penguin Mug
5. EVERY IDEA IS A GOOD IDEA by Tom Sturges
6. THE INTERESTINGS by Meg Wolitzer tote bag
7. THE ART OF SILLINESS by Carla Sonheim
8. MANUSCRIPT MAKEOVER by Elizabeth Lyon
Enter this Sweepstakes HERE: http://on.fb.me/1rlBHLF
Read the full rules: http://snapp.to/ZorFyJ
Sweepstakes ends on Monday, September 29, 2014
Please reblog this post and share! Good luck!
Hey, this is pretty cool. We’re gonna be over here, jealously gazing at that Meg Wolitzer tote bag.
- Reblogged from bookcountryofficial
Hey Whovians - we’re livetweeting tomorrow’s doctorwho series 8 premiere from @suvudu and giving away a whole TARDIS-worth of original DW books (including the not-yet-released Peter Capaldi as Twelfth Doctor adventures, plus a John Hurt/War Doctor story!)
So join us, won’t you? Because we need answers to the important questions, like what color ARE his kidneys, anyway?
Plus you might win some swag, and a good time will be had by all, AND we can offer a strong possibility of:
To celebrate the paperback release of Peter Stenson’s FIEND, we’re giving away three copies over on Twitter! Follow Suvudu and tweet with #FiendPB to be entered to win one of three copies. Giveaway runs from 4/8/14 through 4/10/14. Must be 18 years old and a resident of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico) in order to be eligible.
Follow @WordandFilm on Twitter and use #ReadWoWS to be entered to win one of five movie tie-in editions of Jordan Belfort’s The Wolf of Wall Street, plus a movie poster from the adaptation starring Leonardo DiCaprio. Giveaway runs from 1/10/14 through 1/15/14. The Must be 18 years old and a resident of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico) in order to be eligible.
We’re giving away a prize pack that includes copies of Sonali Deraniyagala’s ‘Wave,’ Lawrence Wright’s ‘Going Clear,’ George Saunders’ ‘Tenth of December,’ John Green’s ‘The Fault In Our Stars,’ Karen Russell’s ‘Vampires in the Lemon Grove,’ Elizabeth Gilbert’s ‘The Signature of All Things,’ Khaled Hosseini’s ‘And The Mountains Echoed,’ Colum McCann’s ‘TransAtlantic,’ Anthony Marra’s ‘A Constellation of Vital Phenomena,’ and Sheri Fink’s ‘Five Days At Memorial’ to one lucky winner chosen at random! To enter, “Like” Random House’s Facebook page and fill out the form on site before 11:59AM on December 23, 2013.
It’s been a year full of exciting book-to-screen adaptations, and Penguin Random House wants to celebrate! We’re giving away a prize pack that includes movie tie-in editions of Stephen King’s ‘Carrie,’ Cormac McCarthy’s ‘The Counselor,’ Markus Zusak’s ‘The Book Thief,’ Solomon Northup’s ‘Twelve Years a Slave,’ Max Brooks’ ‘World War Z,’ Meg Rosoff’s ‘How I Live Now,’ Tim Tharp’s ‘The Spectacular Now,’ Robert B. Reich’s ‘Aftershock,’ William Shakespeare’s ‘Romeo and Juliet,’ and William Faulkner’s ‘As I Lay Dying’ to three lucky winners chosen at random! To enter, “Like” Random House’s Facebook page.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. The sweepstakes(the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States. Entries received from persons residing in geographic areas in which entry is not permissible will be disqualified. Entrants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Sweepstakes is not open to officers, directors, employees or agents of Random House LLC (the “Sponsor”), or Sponsor’s parent(s), divisions, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies, licensees, advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Excluded Parties”). Immediate family members, their children and spouses, and persons living in the household of Excluded Parties are not eligible to enter or win. One (1) entry per person, per day. If multiple entries are received from any person in violation of these rules, all such entries will be disqualified. Sweepstakes is and shall hereafter be subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Enter by completing and submitting the electronic form on Random House’s Facebook page. Only entries submitted electronically, in accordance with these rules, by the above-described method of entry, will be eligible for consideration, and all entries must be received by Sponsor during the Entry Period as defined below. Automated entries are prohibited and any use of automated devices will result in disqualification. Incomplete or inaccurate entries will be deemed void. Sponsor is not responsible for computer, telephone or other malfunction resulting in late, lost or misdirected entries. Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder, as of the time of entry, of the e-mail address from which submission occurs. The “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address means the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail.
3. ENTRY PERIOD: Entry period commences at 12:00 p.m. (EST) on November 18, 2013 and expires at 11:59 PM (EST) on November 25, 2013 (the “Entry Period”). On or about November 27, 2013 (the “Drawing”), three (3) winners (the “Winners”) will be selected by Sponsor in a random drawing from among all eligible entries. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received by Sponsor during the Entry Period.
4. PRIZES: Each Winner will receive one (1) copy of each of the titles included in the prize pack. The prize pack includes movie tie-in editions of Stephen King’s ‘Carrie,’ Cormac McCarthy’s ‘The Counselor,’ Markus Zusak’s ‘The Book Thief,’ Solomon Northup’s ‘Twelve Years a Slave,’ Max Brooks’ ‘World War Z,’ Meg Rosoff’s ‘How I Live Now,’ Tim Tharp’s ‘The Spectacular Now,’ Robert B. Reich’s ‘Aftershock,’ William Shakespeare’s ‘Romeo and Juliet,’ and William Faulkner’s ‘As I Lay Dying’ (the “Prizes.”) The approximate retail value (ARV) of the Prizes is one-hundred-sixteen dollars and eighty-four cents (US $116.84).
5. RESTRICTIONS: All taxes (federal, state and local), fees and surcharges on prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. The Prizes are non-transferable. Substitution of a Prize or any portion thereof, by the Winner is prohibited. No cash redemption permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prizes (or any portion thereof) with another prize of comparable or greater value, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. SELECTION OF WINNER: On or about November 27, 2013, three (3) Winners will be selected by Sponsor in a random drawing from among all eligible entries. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received by Sponsor during the Entry Period. Notification of Winner will occur on, about or after November 27, 2013, via the email address provided with the online entry. Any Winner’s failure to acknowledge receipt/acceptance of a Prize within five (5) days after notification is sent by Sponsor, or the return of any Prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification of the Winner without further notice and an alternate Winner will be selected at random from among the remaining eligible Entrants. Winners must, within ten (10) days following notification by Sponsor, prove eligibility to the satisfaction of the Sponsor, including verification of age and residence. At the discretion of Sponsor, Winners may be required to: (i) sign an affidavit (a) releasing Sponsor and Excluded Parties from any and all liability, claims, demands and causes of action for personal injury, death and/or damage, theft, or loss suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes, and/or the use or acceptance of a Prize or any portion thereof and (b), where permitted by law, granting Sponsor the right to use a Winner’s name, voice and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media whether now existing or hereafter invented, in perpetuity without compensation, and (c) establishing eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules and (ii) provide to Sponsor upon request any and all legal documents which Sponsor may require (including a W‑9 tax form) in connection with acceptance and use of the Prizes. Noncompliance with any condition will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical errors in the rules or any nature of technical malfunction, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failure of any telephone network, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or any combination thereof related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of the Sponsor that corrupts or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in any manner. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated or cancelled prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be made at https://www.facebook.com/RandomHouseInc. Entries that have been tampered with or altered will be deemed void. The use of any system or agent to submit entries in connection with this Sweepstakes is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes.
8. NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY BY SPONSOR: Sponsor makes no warranties, representations or guarantees with respect to the merchantability, quality, or fitness for a particular purpose of the Prizes or any component of the Prizes. By accepting the Prizes, Entrants release and discharge Sponsor and Excluded Parties from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with the Prizes, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind.
9. OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES: Immediately upon entry, all entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned except as herein described.
10. NAME OF WINNER: For the name of the Winner, available after November 27, 2013, send a stamped, self addressed envelope to:
Random House, LLC
New York, New York 10019
Attn: Rachel Jacobs, 6th Floor
11. GOVERNING LAW: All disputes and questions regarding the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or concerning the rights and obligations of any participant and/or the Sponsor, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained there.
12. SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored Random House, LLC, 1745 Broadway, New York, New York 10019.